Meet Dr. Goldstein
Dr. Robert D. Goldstein graduated with his medical degree in 1977 from Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania. Dr. Goldstein has been in practice for over 20 years. He is Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and was Director of the Plastic Surgery Division at the Jack D. Weiler Hospital/Montefiore Medical Center from 1989 to 2005. By being on the teaching staff of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Dr. Goldstein is an educator of future generations of plastic surgeons. Dr. Goldstein’s experience is extensive in the field of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, including surgery of the hand, face, nose, breast and abdomen. He is the recipient of numerous awards including the Leo M. Davidoff Award and the Montefiore Staff and Alumni Award.
He is the author of 13 articles, 8 book chapters, and over 40 presentations at national and international meetings.
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand, 1990
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Diplomate, 1985
- American Board of Surgery, Diplomate, 1984
- National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomate, 1978
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Association For Hand Surgery
- American Burn Association
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons New York State Medical Society
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Bronx Chapter, American College of Surgeons (Past President)
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- SurgiCare Ambulatory Surgery Center of New York
- Associate Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center
Fellowships and Honors:
- Annual Outstanding House Staff Physicians' Award
- Montefiore Medical CenterStaff and Alumni Association
- The Leo M. Davidoff Award for Outstanding Achievement as House Staff Office in the Teaching of Medical Students
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Wilkes College Biology Department Research Award
Dr. Goldstein has been recognized by New York Magazine as one of the best plastic surgeons for the past 4 years. He was the director of plastic surgery at the Weiler Hospital, Montefiore Medical Center from 1989-2005.
Meet Dr. Erhard
Dr. Heather A. Erhard complements Dr. Goldstein and adds to the perspective of the practice. She is Board Cerified in both General Surgery, as well as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and will use her knowledge and experience to address your individual needs.
After completing seven years of residency education, she then went on to further fellowship training in Perforator Flap Reconstruction. For this she trained with the renowned Dr. Robert Allen in New Orleans, becoming one of a select group of surgeons in the country who performs perforator flap breast reconstruction. Additionally, she completed a fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery with Dr. Donald Wood-Smith, further specializing in body contouring and facial cosmetic surgery.
She is an Associate Adjunct Surgeon at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, and an Assistant Professor in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Montefiore Medical Center. In addition, Dr. Erhard also donates her time and expertise to Jacobi Medical Center, a Level 1 New York City Trauma Center here in the Bronx. She has presented at multiple national and international meetings, and has published in the Annals of Plastic Surgery, the Aesthetic Surgery Journal, and several texts concerning perforator flap breast reconstruction. Dr. Erhard is a recipient of the Leo M. Davidoff Award and the Montefiore Staff & Alumni Award for Outstanding Achievement of a House Officer.