Education and Experience for Joseph M. Mlakar, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Meet Dr. Mlakar
The single most important factor in the success of plastic surgery is the surgeon you select. That is why you need to know about the qualifications and experience of Joseph M. Mlakar, MD, FACS.
"Dr Joe" has extensive experience in performing facial and nasal cosmetic surgery, breast/body contouring, and pediatric reconstructive surgery. He believes good communication is the key to a successful outcome, and is happy to answer all of your questions.
Since "Dr. Joe" began his Fort Wayne plastic surgery practice in 1996, he has served as the director/co-director of the St. Joseph Hospital Regional Burn Center (1996-2006) and as the St. Joseph
Hospital Chief of Surgery (2000-2006). He is also a Co-Founder of the Kids-First Cleft/Craniofacial Clinics here in Fort Wayne.
- Listed in "America's Top Surgeons" (2002-2003)
- Listed in "America's Top Plastic Surgeons" (2007) by the Consumers Research Council of America
- Listed in "Top Doctors in Fort Wayne" (2005 and 2006) by Indiana Business Journal
- Listed in "Top Doctors in Fort Wayne" (2008) by Upstate Indiana Business Journal
- Won clinical teaching awards as an outstanding plastic surgeon in Michigan, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Indiana
- Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery since 1994
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the American Burn Association
- Member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Completed a six-year BS/MD program - Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine (1985)
- Completed a combined general surgery/plastic surgery residency - Michigan State University and Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan (1990)
- Completed an advanced fellowship training in Burn Surgery and Critical Care - University of Texas Medical Branch (1991)
- Completed an advanced fellowship traning in Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery - University of Southern California, Los Angeles Children’s Hospital (1992)
|Joseph M. Mlakar, M.D., F.A.C.S.|
|Plastic Surgery Innovations|
|Office Address: |
|10215 Auburn Park Drive|
|Fort Wayne, IN 46825|